CLUSTER MUSEUM ERNSBACH
The founding of Arnold Umformtechnik in 1898 was the impetus for industrialization in Hohenlohe and the basis for the further development of this cluster of the screw and fastening industry that now comprises well over 20 companies in the region. Professor Reinhold Würth recently initiated an exciting project that documents the knowledge of this history, the development of technologies and the social contributions made by these companies. A museum and meeting place is now being created in Arnold’s first company building, a historic brick mill in Ernsbach. The most striking feature of this project is its sponsorship: On 3 September 2018, 15 companies founded a non-profit association that would jointly design and operate the museum across all company and competition boundaries. The Association for the Promotion of the Cluster also receives support from the City of Forchtenberg and the Hohenlohe district.